The international work that PCB undertakes primarily falls into two categories.
There are those cases where clients have disputes that require us to manage litigation or arbitration overseas, possibly with ancillary or related proceedings taking place in multiple jurisdictions. We have many years of experience in dealing with such matters and have built up relationships with many law firms in many different jurisdictions, specialising in different areas of dispute resolution. We are not tied down to using branch offices or any particular local lawyers. We are able to select the best available local lawyers for the client’s needs.
We have dealt with litigation and arbitration proceedings in various jurisdictions, including Austria, Belgium, Belize, the BVI, Cayman, Cyprus, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jersey, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland and USA.
the cases where law firms who do not have a UK based dispute resolution practice require solicitors for a variety of matters including:
- Litigation before the English Court
- Ancillary relief from the English Court in support of foreign proceedings
- International arbitration in England
- Interim relief from the English Court in support of arbitration
- Making and resisting challenges to arbitration awards and/or appeals to the Court on points of law
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitration awards
- Gathering evidence pursuant to letters of request
- Advising on English law for use in the foreign proceedings
- To manage proceedings in other common law jurisdictions
For those law firms looking to instruct English lawyers, we provide experienced, conflict-free, high-calibre litigation lawyers to complement their existing teams, generally at lower cost than other London law firms.